Why we get results
We have designed a unique program, which provides a personal and individual service.
Understanding graduates’ positions, their wishes, requests and requirements – and matching it with companies needs and concerns, is and always will be a challenge, especially if graduates represent a different culture.
Being proud about having completed a Bachelor or Master’s degree and expecting business and companies to employ them with open arms and great enthusiasm is not always a reality, especially if graduates English skills are not matching the local employment needs.
Not having any practical experience and not being ‘job ready’ is not what graduates are prepared for. Our program and services assist graduates in developing an understanding of their position and helps them to achieve their eventual aim.
- Education on cultural understanding and job search, which will assist the ability to find a position and secure a long-term employment success.
- Individual interview and career advice to discuss and understand the wishes of the graduates and to match them with existing opportunities.
- Provide interview training and resume presentations.
- Arrange for job interviews, assist with company information and interview support before the interview and discuss results afterwards.
- Provide English speaking training to reach an employable ability.
- Provide IELST and PTE training
At the same time, we regularly and continuously communicate with all levels of employers to promote our graduates, their values and their availability.
We recommend our graduates, arrange interviews and continue until we succeed in placing them.
Meet our team
Australia China Connections a specialist in Australian/Chinese Cultural Diversity training and are providing a program to assist graduates, who studied in Australia, in their challenge to succeed in finding employment and settling in Australia.
Carl Jetter, Managing Director of Australia China Connections and former Vice-President of the Australia China Business Council Vic has extensive understanding of China, its culture and its relationships.
His previous positions as Councilor with the City of Melbourne and publisher of Australia China Connections magazine enabled him to form extensive relationships and connections within local industry and business community.
The recent six years of providing a ‘Job Placement Program’ for local graduates from Asia enabled him to understand the needs of local companies when employing graduates and enabled him to understand the wishes and requirements requested by graduates.
We therefore have designed a personal and individual service, which includes the following:
• Education on cultural understanding and job search, which will assist the ability to find a position and secure a long-term employment success.
• An individual interview and career advice to discuss and understand the wishes of the graduates and to match them with existing opportunities.
• Locate companies with job opportunities.
• Provide interview training, arrange for job interviews, assist with company information and interview support before the interview and discuss results afterwards.
Following the completion of her studies with a Master’s in Social Work at Monash University, Elisa joined Australia China Connections 18 months ago to support the expanding ‘Job Placement Program’. Having a personal and professional understanding for graduates’ concerns and expectations, and matching it with graduate’s cultural background, gives Elisa the unique opportunity to provide help at the right time. As an IELST trainer, as well as English speaking lessons, Elisa is busy assisting graduates with the tools they require to get them to an ‘Employment Ready’ status.